"It didn't matter where you were, if you were in a room full of books you were at least halfway home."
-Lev Grossman, The Magician's Land

Sunday, April 26, 2015

2015 NESCBWI Conference Rocked My World

I was fortunate enough to attend the 2015 NESCBWI Conference in Springfield, MA from April 24-26.  This was my first SCBWI conference, and what an amazing experience it was!  I just recently decided to take a risk and start writing the children's book I've been planning in my head for almost 10 years.  This conference gave me so much motivation and information.  From hearing incredible speeches by Dan Santat, Jo Knowles, Kwame Alexander, and many others, to attending a plethora of workshops, to making new friends and connections, to having my first peer critique, this conference gave me so much inspiration to follow my dream.  I've already marked the dates for next year's conference in my calendar!

Some highlights of my time at the conference...

Meeting Jane Yolen


Meeting the 2015 Caldecott Medal winner, Dan Santat

And then he took a selfie on my phone

Meeting the 2015 Newbery Medal winner, Kwame Alexander

Reading Between the Lines with Jo Knowles

My haul...I went a wee bit crazy at the bookstore


1 comment:

  1. Love these pictures--Dan's super funny! So glad you had a great time and glad we'll see you next year too!

    ReplyDelete